Monday, June 7, 2010

Maaha!

Maaha (good afternoon!)
I have a few short minutes to post this since I'm here in the Peace Corps office in Accra for the afternoon, but I thought I'd send out something to let everyone know that I'm here, I'm safe, and I'm having a blast so far! We got into Ghana on Friday, but it feels like I've been here for months :) All of us as volunteers have been staying together and learning cultural lessons, some language lessons, and bonding over card games and African dancing. On Tuesday I leave for my "vision quest," where I'll be joining up with a current volunteer to shadow them for a week, so I'm really excited to get out to a new part of the country and dive in to what life might be like... The people here are absolutely beautiful, the food is GREAT, and as much as I miss everyone, life here is too exciting to worry about home too often :) Well, that's all for now, I'll post the next time I can get internet acces, but feel free to send me a letter by using the address that I posted on the right side of this blog!

~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment