Thursday, October 7, 2010

Why, mice, why?!?

When I first moved into my house, I was amused by what I thought was a cute furry mouse wandering around, squeaking occasionally. He was like a pocket-sized companion and he didn't really bother me too much. I like to call that time in our relationship the "honeymoon phase." This phase lasted about 4 days, until I realized that this sweet little creature was eating me out of house and home. Seriously, his appetite is uncontrollable. I thought I would just leave him alone until I got a cat, let him enjoy a little more life until he became dinner. But then there were some delays in my receiving a kitten (as in, you can't take kittens home straight from being birthed. They have to grow a bit, unfortunately...) and the mouse apparently became 3 mice who were determined to eat everything they could find, leave droppings in peculiar locations, and keep me up at night with incessant squeaking and scurrying. I still haven't had the heart to use the "killer mouse glue" that Shawn left me, or rather, I don't want to have to dispose of the little guys when they find this glue. Instead, I'm still going to wait until I get my kitten, and in the meantime, I will continue to complain :)

Okay, so my mice musings are all you'll get as a post today. I have a lot of things to accomplish during my internet time today and the pace of life has been pretty slow lately, so I don't have too many good stories that merit me spending valuable internet time on. As a consolation prize, I posted some more picture to Facebook. A few of them actually have me in them, too, so enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment